Maybe you’re not a fan of cake. Or maybe you’re such a fan that choosing just one seems impossible. Whatever the reason, couples today are looking beyond the traditional wedding cake when it comes to selecting desserts for the reception.
Tiers of macaroons are yesterday’s news. Here are nine fresh options we love. Serve up one of these alternatives at your reception.
- Dessert Shots –Choose varieties like strawberry shortcake, New York cheesecake, and chocolate mousse…any dessert you’re fond of can be turned into a shot. Guests will love how easy they are to eat while walking and dancing compared to a slice of cake on a plate. These creations are courtesy of Cupcakes Coutureof Manhattan Beach, CA.
- If you’re a cheese fanatic like us, then this idea will melt your heart. A rustic eight-layered cheese “cake” filled with assorted flavors. Line the bottom and fill the surrounding area with a hodgepodge of crackers and fruit slices. The Cheese Shedcreates an awesome cheesy delight.
- If your party runs late into the night, what better way to end the night than with breakfast? This three-tiered wedding cake “frosted” with syrup and powdered sugar and topped with a bunting banner was created by Sarah Tucker Events
- A croquembouche or croquet-en-bouche is a French dessert consisting of choux pastry balls piled into a cone and bound with threads of caramel. In France and Italy, it is often served at weddings, baptisms, and first communions. Layered Bake Shop in Texas makes these customized towers of deliciousness.
- If breakfast is your favorite meal of the day then draw inspiration stacks of iced Belgian waffles and chocolate milk Kahlua cordials.
- You had us at brownie. Is there ever a time where brownies don’t hit the spot? A chocolate brownie wedding cake makes so much sense, we are curious as to why we hadn’t thought of it before. Whether you want the classic brownie, or want to spruce it up with some dusted powdered sugar, fudge, or fruit, we guarantee this will get your guests talking for all the right reasons. Make it elegant with rose petals or carnations. There are plenty of ways to make it your own.
- The best thing about a crepe cake, except for well, the crepes, is that there are so many possibilities when it comes to the filling. Do you go for fruit, a drizzle of chocolate with lemon filling, or go for an all-out chocolate feast? The twist on the French crepe is almost jaw dropping and if this doesn’t give your guests something to remember your wedding by, we don’t know what will.
- Available with light shows and in all manners of flavors, these jelly towers are a fun feast for your friends and guests. These incredible jelly tier stands by Bompas and Parr are one of the latest additions to the weird and wonderful world of weddings.